Saturday, March 31, 2012

Lesson 6

I get Mango questions all the time and love that it was included in the training.
Creating a profile must be done from our library for the program to recognize the IP address as part of the Alaska program, otherwise it does not work. Many patrons also seem to be using the log in rather than the create an account feature when first setting up. Now that I have walked through the process myself, I can instruct others to do it properly.
I like the translate feature!
Buongiorno!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked Mango! You shouldn't need to create your account from your library, though. Anyone accessing it through and Alaskan Internet Service Provider (like GCI or ACS) should be able to create an account.

    If you have difficulty accessing the full functionality outside of the library, please use the form on the Digital Pipeline page to place a service request. We (usually Daniel Cornwall) can usually verify the problem with a few questions, and then work with the vendor, if needed, to resolve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Freya. I haven't heard anyone complain about not being able to access the full funtionality outside of the library if they create the account at the library, only when they try to create the account at home. From this point on, we will place a service request when this happens.

    ReplyDelete